WalkingHorseChat.com Members Forums - About this sites creator....Celebrating 20 years!
WalkingHorseChat.com Members Forums
WalkingHorseChat.com Members Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 The World Famous Walking Horse Chats!
 WHC's General Opinion
 About this sites creator....Celebrating 20 years!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

admin

7 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2018 :  13:28:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About WalkingHorseChat ’s Creator
…Mr.Tommy Williams

WalkingHorseChat.com was the creation of Tommy Williams of Mt. Pleasant, Tennessee , who started his webdesign career in 1999 with the assistance of web designer Scott Pilkinton of Thompson Station, TN, who has worked exclusively with such interest as Tennessee Farm Bureaus and Gaylord Entertainment. Mr. Williams created the walkinghorsechat.com to give all lovers of the Tennessee Walking Horses an equal voice and access to the daily evolution of the Tennessee Walking Horse and its people. With the development of the site beginning in July of 1999, Tommy put together what he felt was a user-friendly atmosphere for all to use and discuss some of the most vital topics in the industry. This site can be humorous, serious, educational, and in many cases a battle zone for some controversial topics. September 1st of 1999, the creation of Walkinghorsechat.com became a reality. Within 90 days of its creation, WHC became the most surfed, most popular site for the Tennessee Walking Horse on both AOL and Netscape browsers. To this day it maintains an average of over 100,000 user hits per day, with 3,100 + site members. A fee is required to access the heart of the site, the Walking Horse Chat Members Forums and Video Library, which are the crossroads for daily industry information and entertainment. Williams says..”I wrote a letter to the Walking Horse Report that they refused to publish. I knew the TWH business deserved better, and social internet was blooming with AOL chat rooms but no real site that gathered all horse people under one roof to share this similar interest. It was long before facebook.com, but we had the frame work for facebook ,serving only TWH people, and we were just too stupid to realize it. Walking Horse Report owner David Howard called and discouraged me and said “I am afraid someone will sue you,”…and he was right. in five months and after we went to a subscription and had 2000 members…he sued me.”

He was born on Sept 8th 1965, the youngest of five sons born to Dr. John O. Williams of Mt. Pleasant, TN and Anne Nicks Rochelle of Gallatin, TN. Mr. Williams’ life has been greatly influenced by the Tennessee Walking Horse industry and developed this site to give all industry enthusiasts an open forum to debate and discuss issues of major concern. At the young age of six, Tommy’s father opened Five Star Farms, a breeding and training facility in Mt. Pleasant, TN named after his five sons, which soon became a show place training facility occupied by several trainers in the 1970’s and 80’s. Tommy’s first horse show debut was in 1975 at the Cross Roads of Dixie horse show in Lawrenceburg, TN on Sun’s Cinder, a 7 year old gelding, who was soon after sold to the Joe Brummel family of Missouri. That first show he tied reserve behind World Champion Beloved Masterpiece. His first Celebration performance was in 1976 on June’s Charger, a blue roan gelding his father traded 2 spotted brood mares for from Jack Warren in Spring Hill, TN. Mr. Williams credits those early years as laying a foundation for him to commit to a lifelong dedication and commitment to preserve and promote this breed of horses that was so special to him as a youth. ” Our Dad was raised in the 30’s with horses, and when we were little his time was absorbed by his medical practice, and raising and showing walking horses was a perfect way we could all do something together.” says Williams. …”we all had a niche in the TWH..my brother Lee led colts, David showed show horses, and although I did show alot, just promoting the horses we had seemed to be what I enjoyed. I liked to talk and that worked out well”. Tommy’s early experience with trainers, horses, buying, and selling created his thought pattern on the do’s and don’ts of this business. From the age of 6 years to 15 years, Tommy had nine different horses his dad bought, sold and traded. As a young man he fell in love with Tennessee Walking Horse sales and public auctions and fulfilled a life long dream to participate in horse auctions. Mr. Williams has served as a pedigree reader for the largest Tennessee Walking Horse sales in the United States, to include Wiser Farm, Sale of Show Ring Champions, Sand Creek Sales, and he currently serves in that capacity with Ripwood Sales at Pleasant Valley Farms.

The equine industry has taken Mr. Williams all over the US as he is also a nationally known horse show announcer and has served as announcer for some of the largest equine events in the United States to include large venues as Mississippi Charity Horse Show, West Coast Celebration, Desert Classic, Palm Springs CA, Western States Celebration at Reno Nevada, California Celebration at Pomona, West Coast Trainers Show Los Angeles CA and a whole host of one night events all over Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, Georgia, and Mississippi. Mr. Williams was the host of the very first internet radio broadcast coverage of Walking Horse Shows that started in 2001 at The Southern Championships in Perry Georgia, and did a radio tour of shows till 2003 when LIVE VIDEO streaming became the new technology. Since 2003 Mr. Williams and the WalkingHorseChat.com have done over 600 nights of live video,that produced over 12,300 separate video classes that are available to WHC Members and TWH fans. Williams says, ” I credit my friend Dean Johnson with the science of video streaming horse events many years ago when live video coverage of shows for fans to view from coast to coast was very innovative and thought not to be possible.” After a two year break from broadcasting, Mr. Williams returns to the airways with both internet radio, and live video streaming of show events. Tommy’s early mounts were, Eldorado’s Prince, Senator’s Bright Light, Sun’sCinder, Mark of Threat, Wilson Dean’s Bossman, Sun Gun K.W., Sensations CoCo, and Mud Puddle. Tommy says ….“ that list of horses taught me a lot about this business…and the importance of not getting too attached, because if I never learned to canter the horse my dad was always ready to trade..LOL”. The Williams Family show string included World Champion Gold Son’s Lil May, WGC Magic’s Calico Boy, WC Ebony’s Dude, RWC Ebony’s Corvette, RWC Bum’s Dark Magic, and many others. Five Star Farms had a host of horse training talent including Jack Littrell, Frank McMeen, Howard Adkisson, Jimmy Holder, Larry Derryberry, and Wayne Dean, and countless farriers and grooms.

A 1984 graduate of Battle Ground Academy(BGA) in Franklin, Tn., Mr. Williams went on to attend Middle Tennessee State University(MTSU) in Murfreesboro, Tn. In 1986, Tommy was on MTSU’s horse judging team led by Dr. Dave Whitaker. That year Tommy was individually ranked First in the nation at the North American Livestock Expo in Louisville, Ky. in college level competition for All Breeds. Also that year he was selected as one of the Top Ten college level horse judges at the World Quarter Horse Show in Oklahoma City, Ok. Williams says, “The time on Dr. Whitaker’s team was a priceless time of experience and learning. I truly gained a huge appreciation for judging livestock and got a clear picture of what equine winners looked like. That experience has served me well.” In 1989, Tommy enlisted in the United States Marine Corps (USMC), did recruit training at Parris Island, South Carolina, Marine Combat Training at Camp Lejuene North Carolina, and Communications School at 29 Palms California. He served a four year enlistment with Alpha Battery, 1st Battalion 10th Marines, 2nd Marine Division FMF which was a artillery battery and was a decorated veteran serving two tours of duty in Operation Desert Shield and Operation Desert Storm in the Persian Gulf. He was awarded the Kuwait Liberation Medal, Combat Action Ribbon with I and I Staff Washington DC as a detachment to Somalia, Southwest Asia Medal with two stars and Good Conduct Medal.
In 1992, Mr. Williams was assigned to Washington, D.C. as assistant to the mortuary officer of the Marine Corps, at I and I Staff Anacostia Naval Station, Boling Air Force Base, Washington D.C. until he was honorably discharged from the Marine Corps in 1993. Upon his return to Tennessee, Mr. Williams was quick to rekindle his love for the equine industry and its people. His concern for the leadership and direction stems from observing his father’s struggles in the 1970’s and 80’s, when the TWHBEA and the new WHOA choose to draw battle lines over registration, USDA regulations and show affiliations. His concern for the breeding division of this business stems form his observations of other breeds and their ability to breed a better horse. He currently is a member of the Tennessee Walking Horse Breeders and Exhibitors Association and Kentucky Walking Horse Association,

Tommy is the father of four children…26 year old twins Ashleigh Brooke Williams Colvett and Wesley Adam Williams, a 24 year old son Taylor Allyn Williams, and his youngest is 21 year old daughter Kimmy Lee Williams Bardwell. He is also the grandfather of three… Brently Allyn Williams, Jackson Parkes “Jax” Hunter, Evelyn Ruth “Evvie” Colvett and Maury Lee "Trip" Colvett III, who Mr. Williams fondly nicknamed "Pete". Mr. Williams currently lives in Enterprise Alabama, and owns several other website projects to include Couponpony.biz and bigtsells.com a very successful coupon website for internet consumers, and the later sells farm equipment.
WalkingHorseChat.com Copyright © 2018

If you have trouble with this site and need the webmaster, please email him today!
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
WalkingHorseChat.com Members Forums © WalkingHorseChat.com 2018 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000